Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Reaching A Milestone

My son intrigued me a few years ago... I watched as he walked into my garage at the tender age of 4, fumbled with my tools till he found what he was looking for. I watched from a distance, trying hard not to let him see me.

He somehow managed to remove his training wheels off his little bicycle.... it was his big day!

I am not sure why to this day I still get a lump in my throat...was it because he didn't ask for my help? Or because of his sheer determination to conquer his fears and ride this bike!

What I can tell you is that every time i watched him fall, it took huge effort on my part to stop myself from running over and helping him...I knew he needed to do this by himself!

Slowly but surely on that hot summer afternoon, he found his balance, and he rode unaided for at least 20 metres, before ending in a heap on top of my wife's prize rose bushes!

He didn't care... he was on top of the world, and I couldn't help myself... I ran screaming like a wild mad man, clapping my hands...."YOU DID IT!"

He had no idea I was watching all this time, and we rolled giggling and laughing, the thorns had made there mark, and he didn't even notice....

This was a huge milestone in his life...today he doesn't realise it. We will be meeting next week with his new sponsors, to further his MotoX career! He probably won't remember that day like I do...

Today Home911 reached a milestone, we signed up our 100th client. Maybe Candice Pretorius will never realise her timing, she was our 100th! But she could never be given that accolade without the 99 that came before her.

I salute our first 100, each and every one of you, and I say again...thank you. I know that together we will reach 1000 very soon, and probably 100 000... but I will never forget our first 100.

Today..our training wheels were removed

Humbly Yours

Nigel Hamilton
CEO Home911

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nigel

    It is such a privilege to be here and be enjoying this time together. We will always remember it.

    Thank you,

    Nolan Emmett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nigel, i think we all got a lekker lump in our throat from your true story, congratulations Home911 on this wonderful achievement, and this 100 Milestone happened right in the middle of holidays, while no one was paying attention.

    I think our prediction for 500 by 1st April is going to happen a lot sooner with the likes of Nolan Emmett and Daryl Du Preez from www.roboguard.co.za who just cant wait to share Home911 service with their client base, its the perfect add-on to anyones existing security system.

    Well Nigel, and the Home911 team, thanks for always being there for all of us and South Africa here we come, together we can make our beautiful country a safer place, under 500 days to the 2010 Soccer World Cup, lets show the rest of the world what an amazing place we live in.

    Thanks to my personal team for reaching this milestone so quickly, lets make 500 by 1st March!

    Tim Upton
    Join The 1 Million Group On Facebook
    http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41511584139&ref=mf

    ReplyDelete